Pages

Autumn Manifesto

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Corn Chowder

Seasons pass with the blink of an eye. Summer fades into autumn before you realize the community pool has even closed for the year. Halloween comes and quickly gives way to Christmas and the chill of winter. This year I want that to be different. Time may ebb and flow, but savoring every moment of its passage is a choice. I want this autumn to be filled with tasty eats, cozy evenings spent curled up with a good book, and new craft projects that celebrate the season.

Thusly, in these next few months I would like to…

• Bake an apple pie from scratch.
• Sip a pumpkin latte at my favorite cafe.
• Decorate a pumpkin.
• Make my bed a cozy retreat.
• Finish a knitting project.
• Bring baked goods to the office.
• Unearth my autumn wardrobe.
• Read twelve new books.
• Craft my own Halloween costume.
• Try three new soup recipes.

Just thinking about it makes me want to put on my favorite fuzzy socks and cozy up. Autumn is by far my favorite season and I’m excited to see the added layer of enjoyment that being more intentional brings. I can't wait to share more about the corn chowder pictured above either. I need to actually note down the specifics the next time I make it so I can share the recipe. Between the smoky bacon, sweet corn, and creamy chowder base it's quickly becoming an autumn favorite of mine.

That said, I'm curious... Do you have a list of what you would like to accomplish this season? A favorite autumn recipe or craft? Link them in the comments, I would love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground