Pages

Monogrammed Glasses DIY

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I have a special treat for you today! The lovely and inspiring Margeaux from A Snapshot of Today has a DIY to share with us. I've been wanting to give glass etching a shot and I think this project may just be the one to get me to give it a go.

I am so happy to be posting over here at Baubles & Bites. Erica is a huge blessing and a wonderful bloggity blog friend.

I made this simple (but super classy!) DIY project in 15 minutes when I got home from work tonight. It was a blast. I knew I couldn’t make any for Jordan. He has a lot already and mine just wouldn’t be cool enough since he collects them when we go to breweries. Hehe. I made some for my co-workers instead, though, and they turned out lovely.

I gathered my supplies:
Etching Cream
Foam Brush
2 Pint Glasses
Contact Paper
Alphabet Stickers
1.5’’ Hole Punch

001

I used the lines on the back of the contact paper to line up the circles I punched out. Then I lined it up on the top of the glass so the circles were in the same place on both of the glasses.

002

I put the stickers in the middle of the circles, making sure everything was completely stuck down. I didn’t want there to be places where the cream could creep under the contact paper.

003

Then I put a thick layer of the cream over the entire area. I followed these rules on ABM for safely using the cream.

004

I let the cream sit for 3 minutes. I think I might let it it sit longer next time to see if I can get it even “etchier.” I ran them under warm water and washed all the cream off before I peeled the contact paper and the sticker off. Once they air dried on the counter they were ready to rock and roll.

005

I am so happy with how these turned out. Since the only item I had to actually pick up was the pint glasses, this project cost me $2.12. I think that’s a pretty great deal.

Have a lovely day, readers! Craft on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground